New Digital Xover by Alto

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Just got this in at my local pro audio dealers.

http://www.altoproaudio.com/products.asp?id=13&cat=3&type=14

The look and controls are a bit tacky, but the sound quality so far is excellent. It uses PCM1702 DA converters, and has loads of room inside for upgrading and tweeking.

It has no auto set up features, so you have to know what you're doing and have access to measurement equipment, but the price may well be around £300 UK, cheaper than the Behringer.

I will borrow it for a while and give you all a full review after I finish my house move. I should hopefully be able to compare it with the DBX, Omnidrive, and XTA crossovers.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Re: it doesn't look any tackier than the Behringer.

Hi Ken

Ken L said:
it would be great if you could hook up with someone that had a Behringer

I agree, unfortunately, my mates don't have an account with Behringer, so unless they get one in S/H, I would need to find someone local who had one.

However it might be quite fun to make it a bit of an open house, and get a few diyAudio'ers together for a beer and a listening test. I'll have to see how much room I have in the new flat, (when I finally find one!).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.