Best woofer, midrange, tweeter, on your diy project?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
B&G RD-75. Almost fullrange, 150-18k

What woofers would one mate these to?

How would you compare this to the Neo 8 or even HiVi RT8. The RD75 does go lower but if one is using a line of small woofers (as most line source enthusiasts do) one could XO the Neo8/RT8 at 2k to say a pair of 23cm C-Quenze to get a 95db/1w/1m system.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Disabled Account
Joined 2008
I am very interested in your opinion because I also love the sound of excel driver...
Can you explain ? I already have my mouth water :D
I've had several speakers with Excel drivers combined with Mundorf AMT, also dipole speakers. They were all great indeed, but this big ribbon just blew them all away, simple as that. Its far cleaner and with much more resolution than any Excel driver.

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
What woofers would one mate these to?

How would you compare this to the Neo 8 or even HiVi RT8. The RD75 does go lower but if one is using a line of small woofers (as most line source enthusiasts do) one could XO the Neo8/RT8 at 2k to say a pair of 23cm C-Quenze to get a 95db/1w/1m system.

I mate my RD-75 to four 21" Beyma woofers per side in H-baffles. XO is at 180 Hz. This is by far the best system I've ever had.

In my opinion the RD-75 is the holy grail of speaker drivers.

One great advantage is that the RD-75 is true line-source, and you will avoid crossover in the midrange. 2-way is also simpler than 3- og 4-way.

Neo8 is fine, but does not have the same resolution and dynamics. The HiVi I dont know.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.