ATC SM75-150 Waveguide

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have some spare ATC domes and wave guides, so i'll have a look tomorrow.

If i remember correctly i have one wave guide which is totally separate, and two waveguides that are attached to the dome/voicecoil assembly. So i'll try and work out what's holding them together and let you know, or at least, post some photos.

I think they might be glued together though.

ATC mid dome construction

I hope these pictures can give you some insight into the construction.
I did not take these apart myself so i can't say much.

It does seem however that the dome assembly is probably attached to the wave guide with glue (as appears to be the case between the the dome assembly and the magnet). The dome fabric is probably sandwiched between. No bolts are being used to hold it together because they are not in place here.

Well, i'm only guessing....

IMG_2548.jpg

IMG_2549.jpg

IMG_2550.jpg

IMG_2551.jpg

IMG_2553.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg

Everything pictured has the same type of wave guide, which is the standard one that ATC supplies with the mid range unit (i.e. horn loaded).

I'm intrigued by that flatter waveguide Solen sells. Is that an official ATC option or what? Maybe it's something they use on custom installs to get the dispersion right, because i've never seen it on any of their models. I'd love to know how Solen expects anyone to actually install it, given it appears the standard waveguide is glued on, or at least, very securely attached even when the bolts are removed.

I hadn't noticed that. Right you are, so the pictured ones all have the straight waveguide. Looking at some newer super's i use they do indeed have a different curved profile to them. And then there's that Solen one, which makes it three different wave guides out there.

Some of the ATC waveguides i have seem to be metal and other (newer?) ones are plastic.

Last edited:
Not much to do with the waveguide but i may need to replace the coil/cone assembly on one of these. Looking at the pics and the unit at hand i appears the assembly is glued to the magnet structure. How does one remove the glue? I have taken out all bolts with the exception of the one in the centre assuming it holds the pole piece. Any advice appreciated.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.