Soldering tweeters.. how to do safely?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You could always use these if you're unsure.

Attachments

• terminal.jpg
    terminal.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 73
Crimps oxidize at the contact points over time. I recently took apart a pair of speakers and cleaned up the contacts with Cramolin. The speakers returned to sounding like they used to. It really improved the sound. I want to use sealing solder as to avoid this oxide built up over time.

That is easy to address with some dielectric grease and some sealing heat shrink if you're really concerned about it.

Javad

You didn't understand me Javad. I didn't mean how to solder these diaphragm connections to the tweeter, but in what way the cooper part of the diaphragm is soldered to alu part. There are two white dots on the picture which are the coop and alu soldering joints.

Andy I wasn't replying to your post specifically, I don't know exactly how that's attached, my guess would be solder and the white material is a sealing or insulating agent.

Javad

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.