Beyma 15B100 is back

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just saw that one of the best 15'' soft suspension woofers ever made for HIFI usage, the Beyma 15B100, is back and available for instance from the following shop in Germany: 15" Basslautsprecher - STEREO LAB

Good news, which suggests that the audio DIY market is not doing that badly after all since the other former competitor, the French-made Audax PR380, has also been available for quite some time now (see for instance at http://audax-speaker.de/index.php?module=shop_articles&index[shop_articles][action]=details&index[shop_articles][category==8&index[shop_articles][data][shop_articles_id]=109)

The exact ref of the Beyma re-edition is 15B100R-GH; the parameters seem to be slightly different from the earlier make, or I should say makeS; it seems that this model has quite evolved, as I can take when comparing the new data published for this latest edition, with the earlier initial data (see at www.beyma.com under discontinued pro products) and a first evolution in the 1990s or 2000s (http://www.beyma.de/index.php?id=80&L=1); in particular, if the Mms and Fs have remained fairly constant, the Vas shows variations between 400/600 liters for the previous makes, and about 250 liters for this new version.

Chris.]%[/category]

Interesting. The parameters of the new version of the 15B100 are quite close to this Power 15 car woofer version (with the exception of the nominal impedance, obviously). The suspension of the car version seem to be rubber, whereas the HIFI version has, as far as I can see, retained the original foam version.

The original 15B100, with an Fs of 20Hz and its other parameters, was well designed to produce a clean, deep and punchy bass in a fairly large but still resonable volume.

Its parameters have evolved and - granted - this woofer presently seems not much different from a number of hard suspension 15inchers made today. At least on paper. It could be that the published parameters would still evolve significantly during burning in (I think soft suspension woofers evolve more than their hard suspension colleagues, lower Fs, higher Vas, lower Qts etc.).

In my mind, it remains a mytic woofer and it has always impressed me in the past.

Chris.

Hi. Found two 15" in our rehersal studio, decided to google them and found this. I think JOA was the swedish brand name for Beyma. Unfortunatly the surrounds are completely shot but I guess they can be restored

What do you think? Is this the same Beyma speaker?

Regards /Bo

Attachments

• JOA_Beyma.jpg
    JOA_Beyma.jpg
    653.3 KB · Views: 614
Hi, do you happen to know its xmax? I have a set of Beyma 15 b 100 on my hands with new surrounds and center spyders

6mm according to Beyma 15 B 100 R/GH - Papier kaufen bei hifisound.de under "technische details".

This re-edition of the 15B100, with the suffixe R-GH, was done specifically at the request of German market retailers (I assume it can nonethless be obtained easily from abroad, for instance at the above address), hence the possible difficulty to find data.

Sorry for the confusion. I guess with Google you can obtain something "readable" (and hopefully interesting) from the linked test.
That modern versions of this woofer would differ is quite inevitable.

I understand that the neoprene foam suspensions used in older days are not so popular anymore because of their inevitable deterioration over time and I remember reading that for this re-edition, they have used an improved material.
That the RMS power has increased can be an inevitable consequence of technological evolution after 3 decades - use of more elaborated glues and winding techniques/wire for the coil and inner suspension etc. When I started in audio, a 10" woofer had a max Rms of 150W; nowadays, manufacturers manage to produce such woofers with a 2 or 3fold such value.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.