Tannoy DC1000 vs Tannoy 609

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My dad has a pair of old DC1000 which I really love. It is still going strong and sounds brilliant after 20 years. That is why I have been looking for a pair of similar old Tannoy 8" Dual Concentric speakers. (Can't afford the new high end tannoy dual concentric model)

Recently, I have come across a pair of Tannoy 609 which equips with 8 inch Dual Concentric Drivers as well. I have brought it without any hesitation.

But I was so disappointed after I connect it to my amp. It sounds way worse than the DC1000. The bass of the 609 is much weaker than DC1000. And the 609 sounds much muddier than the DC1000.

By checking the old catalogue, both speakers almost have the exact same specification. The frequency response of 609 is 46-30KHz. The frequency response of DC1000 is 48-25KHz. And Tannoy Sixes series is supposed to be the replacement series for the older Series 90.

Can anyone confirm if this is normal ? Or are there something wrong with my pair of Tannoy 609 ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.