Rehousing speaker - TDL RTL3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've just spent an hour rebuilding my 3kHz crossovers to smooth third order, having dallied with lively second order for a while. :cool:

I like 8" paper bass plus tweeter. It's my forte really.

Goes pretty loud IMO. Enough to annoy my neighbours. I use a really cheap £6 tweeter:
HT-22/8

Below is some of my stuff. Not hard. 8" bass units start at about £15 and go up to about £50 before diminishing returns set in. Plastic cones are doable too.

TBH, I detest soft dome tweeters. Awful harsh sound. Metal ones around £25 are better. So lots of options. Depends on the cutout on the baffle really, what you can screw in. Drive Units: Treble Units, Co-axial Units, Midrange Units, Bass Units

Don't really know much about cabinet damping beyond stuffing something like a pillowcase inside the box, which is a GOOD THING. That white BAF wadding that air conditioning engineers use for air filters is good and cheap.

Attachments

• MonitorAudio R300-MD.jpg
    MonitorAudio R300-MD.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 131
  • Modified_MA-R300MD_HT22-8.jpg
    Modified_MA-R300MD_HT22-8.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 196
  • Dec 17 Monitor Audio Build.PNG
    Dec 17 Monitor Audio Build.PNG
    7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.