jbl L80T Gi crossover issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!
Does anyone have the correct wiring schematics for JBL L80T Gi.. the ones i bought are connected all 3 transducers running same phase... and out-of-phase from the colorcoding at the inlet that is!! Drivers are 127H-1, 104-4, 035 Ti. Any help would be gratefully accepted, saving me alot of measuring to get all polarities right.

Had a pair back in the 80s and according to a review, the input wiring needed to be reversed for correct phase. This was confirmed by one of the heads (can't remember his name) at Northridge. It was very obvious as when wired as per the colours, the bass was low and sound plus imaging was diffused.

I can't help with the internal wiring but do the drivers have different sized lugs (markings) to ensure correct connection to the xo?

Hi and thanks for the feedback!
The lugs are different, yes, males and females... but checking polarity on each driver with a battery and then crosschecking with the XO-board connections tells me that ALL three drivers are running in phase... pretty unusual from a three-way.. :-/... either mid or both mid and tweeter usually has reversed phasse to the woofer... seems theres only one way to find out... dig out the measuring rig and look if theres a deep suckout somewhere in the crossover regions on the frequenzy sweep and reverse connections there and sweep again and see if it turns for the better...
or maybe this is how it should be..little do I know about these speakers at this point..

Yes, Im aware of this, especially on the old LE-5´s... but in this case Ive made batterycheck looking for cone movement on the mids and woofers on both speakers to determine whats positive and negative... on the tweeter I just went for the lmarkings + and - besides the lugs... never seen that wrongly marked on tweeters, and should it be so, its still unusual having mid/woofer not reversed as I stated before.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.