D220Ti vs. DE250 Tone Burst showdown

Funny thing is I stumbled upon it for similar reasons. My surround coaxes are in dire need of an upgrade (which necessitates more amp channels so I can use DSP instead of passive.... it never ends....). I chose Lavoce https://www.parts-express.com/Lavoce-DN10.172KS-1-Neodymium-Compression-Driver-293-822?quantity=1 , very similar to the above 2.

I had good results with the D2500ti, same diaphragm as the 220 but neo. I think the chamber might be smaller too; but in any case I found the top end to be greatly benefitted from a redneck aquaplas treatment. A very thin coating of pva glue on the phragm's dome with some talc to make it easier to judge consistency of coating. Smooths out the top end if you want a little more usable bandwidth but obviously you will want to do your own measurements and eq. Probably not worth it for bass guitar amp, and I did find setting the phragms (whether coated or OEM) a little squirrely, and got much better results once I took the time to center and match the phragms.