Eposs 22's blown tweeter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all

Bit of a shot in the dark this, i fancy but here goes, purchased some Eposs 22's off ebay recently, had to travel across the uk on the hottest day in uk history (since records began) to collect my prize aquisitions, fighting my way through over 6 hours of traffic jams on the return leg only to find that one of the tweeters is blown :mad:

Well as expected "all was fine before hand" according to the seller."must have happened in transit" was the call. :clown:

So repairing them looks like its down to me. :cannotbe:

My question is (yes there is a point) has any poor soul out there ever had to take a pair of these speakers apart?

They are sealed cabinets, nicely veneered one's at that, would hate to destroy them needlessly, plus i have never owned such an expensive pair of boxes in my life, i think it's fair to say my bank manager would hate to see me destroy them.

While i'm at it would any kind citizens out there know what make and model of tweeter was used in said speakers?

well thats about all, any assistance would be gratefully recieved by both myself and my bank manager :)

Thanx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.