Audioson Kirksaeter or Mordaunt Short

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Audioson Kirksaeter Speakers, Monitor70, 70/80 W

Hi is anybody here familiar with the speakers I mention above?
I can get them for an affordable price, but I am not familiar with the brand, it seems like a german make.

The alternative available to me is Mordaunt Short ms20, I need to pick between those two if I am going to have better speakers than the hodge podge I have now... until some time as I finnish my own. You can never have too many speakers if my dad was anything to go by.

Any recommendation or warnings would be welcomed.

I took the kirkseaters.... Had a friend go pick them up in a leap of faith.
Man oh man, they realy sound much better than my old stuff.
I was a bit aprehensive as I have heard very few good three way systems, I must say the 10" woofer realy moves alot of bass.
First I had them hooked up out of phase, as the terminals are not marked on the one output wire and the grills are part of the case so I could not test with a battery... It soulnded realy bad, then about an hour in, I got the idea to just swap polarity on one cable, and woow.

If you ever run accross a set of these, take em. Oh yeah, its made from solid hardwood, very dead construction. These boxes are over 30 years old, and no cracks...!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.