Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Replacing crossovers in Heybrook HB3
Replacing crossovers in Heybrook HB3
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th May 2011, 08:01 AM   #1
demu is offline demu  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Replacing crossovers in Heybrook HB3

How do I replace crossovers in a pair of Heybrook HB3's. They have blown but are inaccessible without damaging on removal, which is what I will have to do anyway.

Is there a stand alone replacement crossover or do I have to build?

Does anyone know where to source an equivalent crossover?

Thanks
Old 5th June 2011, 10:09 AM   #2
bkkjam is offline bkkjam  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

I've not logged in for 7 years. Have you got a photo of your speakers? I have a pair of old Heybrooks and got them repaired about 10 years ago.

I remeber the repair guy saying it was quite difficult to reach the inside of the speakers. My middle driver had a paper tear.

Ken
Old 5th June 2011, 12:39 PM   #3
AllenB is offline AllenB  Australia
diyAudio Member

As long as you plan to replace them, damaging them won't matter as long as you can still identify the parts and the layout, including any circuit boards. Try to avoid pulling apart the coils as these are less likely to be damaged and may be harder to identify and more expensive to replace.

Replacing crossovers in Heybrook HB3Hide this!Advertise here!