Small two-way with SB speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm considering building a small two-way, probably vented, using two SB speakers:

Tweeter: SB SB29RDCN-C000-4 Neo Magnet, Ring Dome

Mid-woofer: SB SB12NRX2504 4" woofer

Both are 4 ohms, sensitivity is very close, and might fit well in an existing 5-liter vented box I already have on my computer setup.

In fact this started as a near-field project investigation to replace my computer speakers, as their 4" drivers rubber surrounds have dried up and are ripping away.

At first I thought of directly using Madisound's Zaph Audio ZA5.2 combo, but I don't like the chosen tweeter. Also found this a good chance to try SB's ring dome tweeter, which is so much praised.

Replacing the SB tweeter on the ZA5.2 combo would need a new crossover, which Madisound charges $30 for a new LEAP design.

So I wonder if someone has tried any of these drivers on an already working project or is going to, and maybe exchange some ideas about it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.