PCBfor xover?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to build a pair of speakers, but I really really suck at express pcb, I have never done p2p and the only thing I have built before is a B1 pcb and a CmoyBB. So I was wondering if anyone could, while I try to learn this on my end, maybe try an help me make an expresspcb layout for a speaker xover?

I just downloaded the program today, and thought that a basic cmoy would be a good place to start learning something.

If anyone will help me with this, I will donate some $$ to the forum! :cool:

I want to build a pair of speakers, but I really really suck at express pcb, I have never done p2p and the only thing I have built before is a B1 pcb and a CmoyBB. So I was wondering if anyone could, while I try to learn this on my end, maybe try an help me make an expresspcb layout for a speaker xover?

I just downloaded the program today, and thought that a basic cmoy would be a good place to start learning something.

If anyone will help me with this, I will donate some $$ to the forum! :cool:

You didn't say what exactly you are after, but...

I recently designed some flexible Xover PCBs myself that you might find useful. See this thread for info:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analog-line-level/185840-active-filter-delay-lt-circuit-board.html

I am about ready to move past the prototype stage and do a small production run. I could sell you a set for your speakers if these fit your needs. I can also offer some crossover design help if you need it. Send me a message if you are interested.

-Charlie

You didn't say what exactly you are after, but...

I recently designed some flexible Xover PCBs myself that you might find useful. See this thread for info:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/analog-line-level/185840-active-filter-delay-lt-circuit-board.html

I am about ready to move past the prototype stage and do a small production run. I could sell you a set for your speakers if these fit your needs. I can also offer some crossover design help if you need it. Send me a message if you are interested.

-Charlie

I don't have any experience with such a thing yet, but it seems most interesting.

Yeah, I realize my post is somewhat vague. This is the plan: I am currently gathering parts to finish a B1/F5, and plan to use this as a "winter-amp" with a pair of Audio Nirvana's. For a "summer-amp" I am planning/sourcing parts for an AudioSector chipamp with a pre from amb or a lighter note or something else, I havent decided yet. The thing is, I don't know what speakers to choose for the chipamp. Would be nice if I could roll everything though, once in a while for variations... But I i am leaning towards something from troels gravesen or humblehomemadehifi. Like the MAYA, for instance. I really really like the looks of the Extremon floorstander from humble, but the driver is discontinued...

I am open to suggestions. 8-10" woofer 2 way or 6'5-10" 2 & 1/2 - 3-way. Not to expensive diy-wise, but with decent sound, meaning I don't want to think: "Those highs are harsh, metallic or sharp, and those mid's are hidden or that bass is really muddy" - like..you know?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.