Need Advice for Speaker Project - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th August 2003, 08:51 AM   #1
Tophet1 is offline Tophet1  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Need Advice for Speaker Project

Ok, this is my first post, third audio and second speaker project. Any advice or help appreciated.
I need to build 4 speakers for music and H/T use. Mainly music with the main fronts. What do you think of this combination ????

Mains: Tweeter Vifa D27
Mid Vifa P13 Xover at 3,000kHz
Woofer Altronics 8" C.3088 Xover approx 800

Surrounds: Vifa D27
Vifa P13

I haven't learnt (yet) to make my own crossovers so am stuck with off the shelf items until I can update later.

I am happy with my carpentry skills and working out cabinet volumes and designs. I don't need any help there. Just the choice of drivers and Xover freq's.

Cheers.
Old 11th August 2003, 07:09 AM   #2
navin is offline navin  India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to navin Send a message via Yahoo to navin
hey there are many P13 based prjects out there. most are satisfied pair this drvier with the D25AG35 and 9500 (which I think is a nice tweeter but a bit expensive to use with a P13 but then who am I:-)?)

Take a look at any of teh P13 based projects. find one you like. slap a 10" sub and plate amp to the side of the cabinet and your fronts are done.

if you are looking at HT things get a bit complex. reason being is that the best config i think for the center channel Is W MT W. With a P13 and a tweeter you get a tall center (8-10" atleast). U could add 2 8" woofers on each side of this MT (P13+tweeter) and have a nice center if your WAF will let you.

for the rear push push using 2P13s and a tweeter can work.
Old 11th August 2003, 08:39 PM   #3
Tophet1 is offline Tophet1  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default P13 and D27

Sir,
You are a gentleman and a scholar. My very first sweep of the www brought up two sutable designs. Many thanks. I'm off and running.
Cheers.

Hide this!Advertise here!