Need Advice for Speaker Project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, this is my first post, third audio and second speaker project. Any advice or help appreciated.
I need to build 4 speakers for music and H/T use. Mainly music with the main fronts. What do you think of this combination ????

Mains: Tweeter Vifa D27
Mid Vifa P13 Xover at 3,000kHz
Woofer Altronics 8" C.3088 Xover approx 800

Surrounds: Vifa D27
Vifa P13

I haven't learnt (yet) to make my own crossovers so am stuck with off the shelf items until I can update later.

I am happy with my carpentry skills and working out cabinet volumes and designs. I don't need any help there. Just the choice of drivers and Xover freq's.

Cheers.

hey there are many P13 based prjects out there. most are satisfied pair this drvier with the D25AG35 and 9500 (which I think is a nice tweeter but a bit expensive to use with a P13 but then who am I:)?)

Take a look at any of teh P13 based projects. find one you like. slap a 10" sub and plate amp to the side of the cabinet and your fronts are done.

if you are looking at HT things get a bit complex. reason being is that the best config i think for the center channel Is W MT W. With a P13 and a tweeter you get a tall center (8-10" atleast). U could add 2 8" woofers on each side of this MT (P13+tweeter) and have a nice center if your WAF will let you.

for the rear push push using 2P13s and a tweeter can work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.