Thiele Small Parameters - Infinity Kappa Perfect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm new to designing enclosures and have recently purchased the Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 component set. I'd like to build a custom kickpanel enclosure for my Civic, but I'm confused on the T/S parameters since the units of measure (mm^3, in^3, watts, etc.) aren't listed in the users' manual and I don't know if I'm entering them correctly in WinISD.

Can someone please tell me what the units of measure are for the woofer's parameters? I've attached the parameters as an image for convenience. Also, are the units of measure that you're providing "industry standard" if the units are left out?

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• infinity_kappa_perfect_61.jpg
    infinity_kappa_perfect_61.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 154
Hi all,

I'm new to designing enclosures and have recently purchased the Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 component set. I'd like to build a custom kickpanel enclosure for my Civic, but I'm confused on the T/S parameters since the units of measure (mm^3, in^3, watts, etc.) aren't listed in the users' manual and I don't know if I'm entering them correctly in WinISD.

Can someone please tell me what the units of measure are for the woofer's parameters? I've attached the parameters as an image for convenience. Also, are the units of measure that you're providing "industry standard" if the units are left out?

Thank you in advance!
You are right the units should always be present. That's a big mistake. Usually that's because the factory/users are local. So if you are in a country use their standard and guess the technical others. Anyway I can see that some units are (Imperial and Metric) present.

Last edited:
Right now I'm looking at the specs for a 8" woofer [click here] they have for comparison. Can I assume the units are the same? Basically this is what they show for the 8" (asterisks are added where I have questions):

Revc (ohms)
*Levc (mH)
*Sd (in^2 and cm^2)
Bl (TM)
*Vas (ft^3 and liters)
Cms (um/N)
Mms (g)
Mmd (g)
Fs (Hz)

Everything seems to match up except:
-Can the Levc be 10x smaller on the 6 1/2 than the 8 (0.37 vs 3.7)?

-The Sd for the 6 1/2 is way smaller (0.0113 vs [216cm^2 or 33.33in^2]). Multiplying 0.0113 by 1,000 (to convert liters to cm^2) only gives me 11.3cm^2 which I'm not sure is right (113cm^2 seems right to me) but seems a lot better than converting it to 1.63in^2.

-The Vas for the 6 1/2 says 11.43 and the 8" shows 1.43ft^3 and 33.72liters. It looks safe to assume the 11.43 is liters, right?

-Are Qms, Qes, Qts universal measurements?

Also, 2 more question:
1) Are any of those the woofer's displacement? I'm either a n00b and don't understand the parameters or I'm very surprised they missed that one.

2) Is the SPL entry in WinISD for the sensitivity of the speaker?

Thanks again in advance.

GM

Joined 2003
Greets!

Revc = 3.45 ohms
Levc = 0.37 mH
Sd = 0.0113 m = 113 cm^2
BL = 6.37 N/A
Vas = 11.43 L
Cms = 630.36 um/N = 6.3036e-04 mm/N
Mms = 18.94 gr
Mmd = 18.25 gr
Fs = 46.05 Hz
Qms = 3.44
Qes = 0.465
Qts = 0.41

GM

Last edited:
Greets!

Revc = 3.45 ohms
Levc = 0.37 mH
Sd = 0.0113 m = 113 cm^2
BL = 6.37 N/A
Vas = 11.43 L
Cms = 630.36 ?/N = 6.3036e-04 mm/N
Mms = 18.94 gr
Mmd = 18.25 gr
Fs = 46.05 Hz
Qms = 3.44
Qes = 0.465
Qts = 0.41

GM
Thanks for clarifying those numbers for me!

Anyone that can answer the last two questions:
1) Are any of those the woofer's displacement? I'm either a n00b and don't understand the parameters or I'm very surprised they missed that one.

2) Is the SPL entry in WinISD for the sensitivity of the speaker?

GM

Joined 2003
You're welcome!

No.

Yes, but it auto calculates it, at least the pro alpha version does. Regardless, manufacturers historically have been notorious for listing the highest peak which often isn't even in its usable pass-band [shades of the muscle car era's horsepower 'wars' :eek:], so meaningless for the most part whereas the calculation using T/S specs is more accurate overall.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.