Diy speaker driver project going on..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2003
I mentioned before in diy driver thread that I would have a pair of Monacor sp-200x lying around. So, the project has started, here's two pics about the frames. I took em from 5,25" car speakers. Sp-200x's cone is quite deep so the frames needed lifting rings (where the surrounds are glued on). Magnets are from sp-200xs. Monacor's voice coils seem to be of good quality, they have some holes in them and the linear displacement is about +/- 2mm.

Attachments

• diydriver1b.jpg
    diydriver1b.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 683
Disabled Account
Joined 2003
.. and I would love too to see measurements! Unfortunately I don't have any good microphone yet :bawling:

Although I did install speaker workshop. I understood that simple measurements could be done just with it, a microphone (panasonic,monacor?) and a soundcard? But we'll see if I have enough inspiration for learning to use spk workshop..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.