Bmm Electronics / Europe Audio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just thought i would write a quick review of a recent purchase, I emailed then late Monday evening, and got a reply very early Tuesday morning, ordered over the website later that day and was dispatched the same day.
Full tracking on DPD website and arrived here today (Thursday).
Cant say fairer than that, great price, service and delivery.

Will be using them again (quicker and cheaper than any UK based people i have used, inc Wilmslow Audio and Impact Audio)

If you need speaker drivers in Europe, would recommend these people!

Oh and the items were labeled as in stock, and they were, 2 x Visaton FR10 4 Ohms :)

I was surprised how quickly the whole process was (Jean is still the main man there) and the items were in stock, left that day. Still not even had a reply from the UK distributor (Impact Audio) about the original question. Dead chuffed as i needed them before the Easter bank holidays!

Shin, that was a few years ago so he might have a lot more staff now :)

Last edited:
Still no response from Europe Audio re: damaged tweeter. I have opened a dispute via Paypal to try to get a refund. Bummer, this really slows down my project.
Take your time. Just ask what are you supposed to do, maybe they have a better idea that you are unaware. You can ask for some type of compensation like a future discount or coupon that will work for both parties. Mention the fact that this is being reported in this post for public knowledge. The result will be of future reference for other members. Do you know if the problem was in the mail? in this case there's some kind of insurance with the delivery company. And always :) it's not the end of the world...

Interesting sites although I found the second one (Spectrumaudio) difficult to navigate around as Chrome couldn't translate everything (a lot of the words are contained in pictures). Hifisound.de looked good for crossover parts at least, and there's an English version.

Quite aside from price, shipping costs are a huge issue for Aussies, I've just put together a small (USD50) cart on Parts Express, this is the minimum for an international order, nothing big or heavy, postage estimate around $72! I'm starting to get peeved with PE, they have fabulous stuff at great prices- but shipping is a killer, and the boxes, when they come ("priority international") usually take 2-4 weeks and they are mostly air and paper inside.

I must say they pack drivers really well and I've never had any damaged items in 6 or 7 orders, but if I were packing them myself the packages would be half the size, using bubble-wrap instead of large voids with paper twist.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.