Bmm Electronics / Europe Audio - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd April 2011, 10:44 AM   #11
Dr_EM is offline Dr_EM  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Nice selection there, hadn't seen before
Old 19th January 2013, 11:51 PM   #12
DGreen is offline DGreen  United States
diyAudio Member

Warning: I ordered 2, Monacor DT300 tweeters and wave guides. Products arrived promptly, but one of the tweeters had a dome that was pushed in. Multiple emails were not returned. Think twice about dealing with this company. Will post if I receive satisfaction.
Old 20th January 2013, 01:31 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

DGreen,
I hope you receive insurance payment from mail service, or satisfaction from sender. Tell us more developments of your damaged delivery for future reference. GOOD TO KNOW! Cheers.
Old 20th January 2013, 11:19 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

i have used Strassacker and ive always been satisfied with their service. Europe audio has a few models that are harder to find, but ive never used them. Im happy with Strassacker and have had no real inclination to change anything.

Last edited by mondogenerator; 20th January 2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old 20th January 2013, 09:39 PM   #15
DrNick is offline DrNick  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I got a 15" sub from them, and as I posted at the time it arrived in three days, very well packed.
Old 24th January 2013, 12:42 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Still no response from Europe Audio re: damaged tweeter. I have opened a dispute via Paypal to try to get a refund. Bummer, this really slows down my project.
Old 24th January 2013, 02:33 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGreen View Post
Still no response from Europe Audio re: damaged tweeter. I have opened a dispute via Paypal to try to get a refund. Bummer, this really slows down my project.
Take your time. Just ask what are you supposed to do, maybe they have a better idea that you are unaware. You can ask for some type of compensation like a future discount or coupon that will work for both parties. Mention the fact that this is being reported in this post for public knowledge. The result will be of future reference for other members. Do you know if the problem was in the mail? in this case there's some kind of insurance with the delivery company. And always it's not the end of the world...
Old 1st February 2013, 03:27 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Good news. Looks like a replacement tweeter is on it's way.
Old 1st February 2013, 07:15 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Interesting sites although I found the second one (Spectrumaudio) difficult to navigate around as Chrome couldn't translate everything (a lot of the words are contained in pictures). Hifisound.de looked good for crossover parts at least, and there's an English version.

Quite aside from price, shipping costs are a huge issue for Aussies, I've just put together a small (USD50) cart on Parts Express, this is the minimum for an international order, nothing big or heavy, postage estimate around $72! I'm starting to get peeved with PE, they have fabulous stuff at great prices- but shipping is a killer, and the boxes, when they come ("priority international") usually take 2-4 weeks and they are mostly air and paper inside.

I must say they pack drivers really well and I've never had any damaged items in 6 or 7 orders, but if I were packing them myself the packages would be half the size, using bubble-wrap instead of large voids with paper twist.
Old 1st February 2013, 04:28 PM   #20
hkoetz is offline hkoetz  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Quote:
i have used Strassacker and ive always been satisfied with their service.
I quite agree. They have very punctual service and a huge collection of products.

Hide this!Advertise here!