Ditton 33's Upgrade Caps?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

New on this forum, but wondered if anyone could advise on the below;

I have just picked up a lovely pair of Celestion Ditton 33's and one tweeter (HD1000) is very slightly quieter than the other.

I'd like to get the caps replaced as they may be worn, but I would like them to be the same spec as what's in there so I don't lose that Celestion sound. I'll be getting a local guy to do the work and I'm hoping the new caps will fix the tweeter problem (?)

He's the only audio guy I know and runs his own business working on vintage audio, but I'm not sure if he's value for money or not?

Any idea what exactly will need to be replaced? and with what?

and how much I should be charged for this work?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Best regards
Rob

Good luck with your repair. Post some news. I also find that some vintage ceramic resistors can get deteriorated. If you are buying the items there's a lot of places for good loudspeaker components, caps and resistors in this case. The payment should be adequate with quality and experience. Go to a local auto repair shop (or computers, or TVs) and check at what they charge by hour. Should be a very close (+ /-) starting point.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.