Crossover design program availability?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There are avaible several programs that will calculate r values for given filter type, F, C etc.

I am looking for something just a bit different, and haven't found anything yet, wondering if there is such a thing. What I am seeking is to enter the filter type, freq and using a TABLE of c's and r's that are off the shelf values, find ing a combination of r's and c's that come closest to the desired crossover freq. There are additional concerns, but for the time being.... This implies a recursive arrangement.

Creating this software is within my skill set, but if already out there, I'd just as soon use the time on another issue.

none i know of..
:(
if You intend to make such a software, please -pretty please- do take the effort to add the ability to calculate impedance correction netwrok based on driver parameters if supplyd -and maybe spl matching network for drivers-.
That would be the über usefull tool as far as i can tell.
Many software can do the math for xover parts, but those are just.. lacking the above ability, hence usualy resuléting in way off fake values for components.

Allso, You might consider to add the ability for the software to use multiple paralell capacitors if needed in order to get proper results (and series /paralell for resistors)

Have you considered acquiring a Virtual Crossover Box? It's name implies software, but that's not the case. The VCB is a real box stuffed with real crossover components having the usual commonly available component values. Using the VCB in conjunction with acoustic response measuring equipment will give you a real world look at response patterns whilst changing component values with a turn of a knob. It won't do trap and other response shaping/correcting filters, but will get you started well down the road.
Obviously, you'll need to have the physical drivers mounted in a cabinet or, baffle board mockup.

Here's a link to a VCB poop sheet. If you're lucky, they go on sale at *bay occasionally for 2/3 off MSRP. I was.

www.vidsonix.com/vidsonixnew/boxlit2.pdf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.