Anyone used these dynavox woofers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• Dynavox-opt-box-vol-calc.JPG
    Dynavox-opt-box-vol-calc.JPG
    89.5 KB · Views: 523
Thanks taterworks/inductor, its a possible project ie a friends wants me to make him a set of monitors for his home studio.
I thought of using the excellent jordan JXR6 crossed with either of the dynavox units or possibly an aluminium woofer like the FW168 (but power handling is just 50 w).

The jordans i can get a bit cheaper than normal and also the cabs in corian through a fabricator mate, so i reckon all in around 350 euros for a cracking pair of monitors.

One Q. because the dynavox material is different to the jordans, will using a 1st order(at 375 hz) cause a problem?

Last edited:
Probably the low xover frequency makes it possible to use a 1.order, but the attenuation is not very nice as seen from it's (driver) output frequency (from my memory). I think you mention 1.order and it requires very good (behaved) drivers.

I'm not sure about its behaviour etc(6" dynavox)). Now thinking to use in a 3 way design, so would an x/o at around 350hz 1st order to a suitable woofer work? Looking to keep everything as simple as possible... if poss.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about its behaviour etc(6" dynavox)). Now thinking to use in a 3 way design, so would an x/o at around 350hz 1st order to a suitable woofer work? Looking to keep everything as simple as possible... if poss.

The breakup isn't bad on the Dyn 6, but it is present. 350 Hz first may work okay.
Wolf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.