|Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers|
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.
Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|7th April 2011, 11:07 AM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2011
Advice for HT 5.2 Setup, Sourcing Parts from China
I will be sourcing all of my parts from China. I am currently living in Shanghai and couldn't bring my commercial Axiom M60's + HSU sub to Shanghai without extremely high 20% import tax(600$ just to import my own equipment, talk about unfair trade) and 400$ shipping.
My focus is 100% HT, my room is 15 x 17. I think I want to go with 2 subwoofers because I like bass.
I have no wife. I am watching movies on a big projector about 14 feet away. I have access to parts made in China. My budget is under 1000 or 1500$ for everything including wood, drivers, paint, etc. I can do towers for LR or wall mounted LR. I will be using HTPC as pre Amp. I have yet to buy an AMP
I need help with the following
1. Should I go with 5 3 way speakers, OR 2 way for Surround+3 way for LCR 2. For movies, is MTM or WTM better for 3 way?
2. 1 super expensive bass or 2 bass speakers?
3. Any advice? Parts express isn't in China, but I know the Parts are.
4. What designs do you recommend for HT.
5. How do you recommend I split the budget between 6/7 speakers?
6. What is the difference in expected quality between 1000$ and 1500$ for HT DIY?
After I have more direction I'll have more questoins.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Need suggestions and advice for stereo/HT setup||vann||Full Range||51||29th September 2010 08:34 PM|
|Sourcing Nakamichi parts||whiterabbit||Car Audio||1||27th December 2007 09:05 PM|
|Need Help Sourcing Parts||HipoFutura||Solid State||10||7th December 2006 10:03 PM|
|sourcing parts||scarole||Chip Amps||0||10th May 2005 06:31 AM|
|Parts Sourcing||philipbarrett||Tubes / Valves||1||1st March 2005 04:01 AM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|