Peerless 830883 HDS exclusive power handling?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
P33 also delays connection to the speakers for a second or two so that the supply rails have stabilised so there won't be a "pop".
Go to Rod's site to read the full specs. Anyway, a good speaker protector is worth the money you pay for it. Maybe not straight away or perhaps never but, like any good insurance, you'll regret not having it when you least expect to need it.

Dion,
I haven't seen it before and haven't heard of it either. What is the tube for?
Do you have 8V AC available for the input?
In short, I don't know and, therefore, couldn't say that it would do what you want. I do note though it does say it will accept 28V AC which is really pushing the limits of a LM3886 chip, particularly if the driver is less than 8 ohms impedance.

Frank

also i was just wondering if anyone had any ideas:
i have built a preamp on veroboard but it has lots and lots of high frequency distortion in it.
i was testing it with 85hz and it was giving the general shape of 85hz on the oscilloscope but the line was thick due to the high frequency crap in it some how.
im using metal film 1% resistors and metalized polypropelne film caps at 1% aswell. also using ne5532's
its similar to this circuit:
Linkwitz-Riley Electronic Crossover

Dion
edit: the low pass section of the 2way is what i built

Sooo, im thinking about doing an OB design for acoustic reasons and easier to build. just wondering if anyone has some good sites or anything to read about the actual design process.
i also take it their is a lot more tweaking of the system to get it to sound its best.
any comments welcome

Dion
edit: on second thoughts i like me bass so even though i have a sub, i think im going to want it sealed in.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.