type of port for vented box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I know this is old tread, but, does any one have any opinion about using cardboard tube from printer paper in role

would it be better, worse or it doesn't meter compered to plastic tubes ?

I can't find 5cm commercial plastic bas reflex tube, near me, but have those in my hand

but I can order them so it's not crucial for me to use cardboard tubes but as I have tham, I tought to use them...

But at the and I would like to use the best possible I can, so If the plastic is better than cardboard I will order them ;)

thanks

here is the picture of what I have

20161029_145940_zpsdqbhtqlz.jpg

20161029_152841_zpsgzzk5vai.jpg

Last edited:
FWIW, in doing velocity stack research for carbs, injectors many decades ago we found that until the flare radius = pipe radius, which doubles the effective pipe area [(Av1*Av2)^0.5], that they were basically just cosmetic, so best to design based on a low vent mach.

10% is listed on Collos's site, but 5% and even as low as 3.5% with some alignments is more realistic with today's [super] high power handling woofers.

Another option is to cut the pipe at a 45 deg or steeper angle on both ends to create a larger oval termination, though of course a real 'pain' if one doesn't have the tools [or at least the patience] to angle cut the baffle.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.