First attempt...Elf 1.5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just finished assembly of a single Elf 1.5 which used the much talked about Tang Band w871s. I must start out by saying that this is my first attempt at any speaker construction of any sort.

The build process was fairly easy from start to finish, but it could have been much easier with the aid of the proper tools. This just resulted in a great deal of filling and sanding. (lesson learned!)

I ended up asking a friend of mine that works for an automotive paint supplier to mix me up some metallic blue paint for the finish. (doesn't really show up all that well in the pics). 2 coats of base and 2 coats of clear, so far.
I still plan on wet-sanding and then hand rubbing with some good compound to really build some depth to the paint.

I initially wanted to see how good of a finish I could make this little speaker to decide if it is something I wanted to take on in a bigger scale...ie better/more speakers.
I do believe it is something I will delve into, possible in the near future.

Tonight I will actually get a chance to listen to the little guy!

:)

Here are some pics.(on my flexi too)

Elf 1.5 a
Elf 1.5 b
Elf 1.5 c
Elf 1.5 d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.