What Driver and Passive Radiator? - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th August 2003, 03:35 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

Send a message via ICQ to ArthurSoares
Quote:
Originally posted by kelticwizard
Anytime, Art.

By the way, Eminence has a distributor in Brazil, so you might be able to pick up the Lab 12 in your own country.

This page is the Brazil distributor. You can Email him to see if he has any dealers near you, (distributor is the man who supplies the dealers).

http://editweb.iglou.com/eminence/em...y/sabrazil.htm
Thank u by the way, but that won't be usefull for me right now. I've already decided that I'm going to get the driver in the US.. But I'll tell some folks that want to buy it!.
Old 5th August 2003, 04:02 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Default confused now!

Well, I was reading the Adire website and I've just got messed up!.. I've just saw this driver named Tumult, it's an improoved version of the Brahma for HT.. What u guys think about it?

Another questions, What programs u use for making boxes? WinISD?

Thanks once again!
Old 5th August 2003, 04:48 PM   #23
Eul is offline Eul  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

@ kelticwizard: Thanks for the info! It is always fun simulating two different drivers to find out witch will be best and I’m goin to do that for sure! I always believe the could be some better, even when it is not so famous as the other item. As a matter of fact… I love it when the underdog bites the big one and it is much more original to use something like this than a already proofed concept. I’m curious…

@ArthurSoares: If u want to use the Tumult you need so much power to get the max out of it, the amplifier would be even expensive as the subwoofer. So if you don’t have a problem to double your budged… I haven’t simulated yet so I cant say what it can do…

I use LspCAD std.
Old 5th August 2003, 05:21 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Eul
@ kelticwizard: Thanks for the info! It is always fun simulating two different drivers to find out witch will be best and I’m goin to do that for sure! I always believe the could be some better, even when it is not so famous as the other item. As a matter of fact… I love it when the underdog bites the big one and it is much more original to use something like this than a already proofed concept. I’m curious…

@ArthurSoares: If u want to use the Tumult you need so much power to get the max out of it, the amplifier would be even expensive as the subwoofer. So if you don’t have a problem to double your budged… I haven’t simulated yet so I cant say what it can do…

I use LspCAD std.

Thank you!. About the Tumult, that was the answer I got to testing the drivers in WinISD, I think for a flat answer BRAHMA is a better choice, maybe the box with a peak is better with the tumult.
Old 5th August 2003, 05:47 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

This design should satisfy monster bass lovers.

http://www.acoustic-visions.com/everest.htm

..... 2 Tumults and four 18" passive radiators each capable of 3" peak to peak excursion .......
Old 5th August 2003, 06:10 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

edit: There is a Yellow line that was supposed to be a SHIVA 2

Quote:
Originally posted by thylantyr
This design should satisfy monster bass lovers.

http://www.acoustic-visions.com/everest.htm

..... 2 Tumults and four 18" passive radiators each capable of 3" peak to peak excursion .......
WOW This must be the Earthquake itself. Can u say "sound pressure"? Beautiful .. Beautiful! but unfortunatelly too expensive for me

I Made out some plots with the drivers from Adire....

They are:
Adire Tumult 15" in Orange ------
Adire Tempest 15" in Yellow ------
Adire BRAHMA 15" in Purple/Pink ------

The Enclosures:

Tumult15:
Ported-
170Liters / 6ft^3
Fb: 19,3Hz

Tempest15:
Ported-
133Liters / 4,6 Ft^3
Fb: 17,44Hz

Brahma15:
Ported-
144Liters / 5 Ft^3 aprox.
Fb: 22,05 Hz

Power Supplied in Plot:
Tumult: 1600watts
Tempest: 300watts
Brahma15: 1200watts

here are the plots:

Overall SPL
Click the image to open in full size.

I Got based in this to set the power.

Delay

IMHO I guess that the Brahma is still the most recommended sub to my needs.
Old 5th August 2003, 06:29 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

Another question.. Where can I get plots of TL frequencies response?
Old 5th August 2003, 10:11 PM   #28
Eul is offline Eul  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Well, I simulated the Brahma now too and is seems it wouldn’t be a bad choice.

The results of your simulation and mine are a bit different (mine are better ), I can not say who’s software gets the best to the reality.

When I put it in a 80L box, 50% filled with damping and a typical box loss ( Ql ) of 7 it can be a good HT sub. Tuned at 25Hz with 2 pipes of 8cm and 45cm long it will have a -3dB point of 23,8Hz, you can put 300W RMS! on it before it will exceed it’s X-max but at 300W the -3dB point will be 36Hz because of the non linearity of the ports , but still not bad… the group delay will be 30ms at 20Hz but that will be 23ms already when you put 100W on it. The air speed @300W @ 20Hz will be 13m/s, nothing to wory about too much. Not bad at all… Making the box bigger wil not give you better.

Now It’s bet time [edit] In Holland (00.13) [edit]
Old 5th August 2003, 10:57 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Eul
Well, I simulated the Brahma now too and is seems it wouldn’t be a bad choice.

The results of your simulation and mine are a bit different (mine are better ), I can not say who’s software gets the best to the reality.

When I put it in a 80L box, 50% filled with damping and a typical box loss ( Ql ) of 7 it can be a good HT sub. Tuned at 25Hz with 2 pipes of 8cm and 45cm long it will have a -3dB point of 23,8Hz, you can put 300W RMS! on it before it will exceed it’s X-max but at 300W the -3dB point will be 36Hz because of the non linearity of the ports , but still not bad… the group delay will be 30ms at 20Hz but that will be 23ms already when you put 100W on it. The air speed @300W @ 20Hz will be 13m/s, nothing to wory about too much. Not bad at all… Making the box bigger wil not give you better.

Now It’s bet time [edit] In Holland (00.13) [edit]
What software u used and how could u reach Xmax with only 300watts?
Old 5th August 2003, 11:29 PM   #30
Wizard of Kelts
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Eul
Already modeled the Lab 12 and the Shiva Mark III. Here is the result, (go from post # 16 on):
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...628#post110628

Hard to tell apart!! The 12 inch Peerless looks bad, but actually it is designed for a smaller enclosure.

All three were in identical 60 L boxes tuned to 25 Hz. You can put the Shiva and Lab 12 in much bigger boxes, tuned lower, as well.

Hide this!Advertise here!