B&W683 or EKTA Grande?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Given that this is a DIY site, I can only recommend that you build the Ekta Grande or one of the other great speaker designs by Troels and others than you can find on this site. For me the rewards of sitting down and listening to something you have built far outweights the convenience of buying a commercial product. Also at the price bracket you are talking about with the Ekta Grande, you would also be more likely to get better value for money from a DIY solution.

I am in the process of choosing between buying a pair of B&W683 s or building the Ekta Grande speakers... I prefer tight, deep bass (Not loud), open and warm mids and sparkling, non-metallic treble. Which is a better sonic choice? Thanks :)

Having recently completed Ekta Grandes in the Cremona shape -- I can thoroughly reccomend them, however the design of the cabinet and port/s are paramount to accurate, natural sound.

I am very pleased with them Troels has produced a giantkiller here --- see them on his web-site -- recent updates --Ekta Grande - David-uk

Dacall

Given that this is a DIY site, I can only recommend that you build the Ekta Grande or one of the other great speaker designs by Troels and others than you can find on this site. For me the rewards of sitting down and listening to something you have built far outweights the convenience of buying a commercial product. Also at the price bracket you are talking about with the Ekta Grande, you would also be more likely to get better value for money from a DIY solution.

Ian --

Are you considering building them after hearing?

Dacall

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.