S17 - Constant directivity dipoles part II

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That is where I saw this progressing, 3" and neo3, so I would be interested in any builds that go such a way or ideas that are put forth. The photo shows the top of my current PLLXO active four-ways. I do not have measuring equipment unfortunately, nor much expertise, so cannot feedback much.

Neo3 dipole
Monacor ms100-chq (need to bring this forward on the mount I expect for time alignment)
Monacor sp8/150pro
dual Alpha 15s

Attachments

• DSC00446.jpg
    DSC00446.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 337
  • DSC00447.jpg
    DSC00447.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 328
Rear motor mounted phase plug? I never heard that idea before. Can it make a worthwhile difference? Since the motor is vented in the centre that might cause problems?

Although at this point I suspect my non-ideal room causes bigger problems than the gains of further improved polar response will bring.

That Monacor is 4" I believe.

Last edited:
I may have misunderstood "rear motor mounted phase plug". I thought trusound was describing a plug mounted on the back of the motor to assist rear polar response. Since trusound shows speakers with a forward facing plug I should have guessed.

Anyway, the picture shows my DIY pine wood phase plugs on my B200s which I originally had in place. They sometimes slip in the mount unfortunately and rub the driver making a slight sound which alerts me. I need to resolve that. Two screws in the back hanging on by magnetic force alone is not enough it seems.

Attachments

• DSC00441.jpg
    DSC00441.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 75
I may have misunderstood "rear motor mounted phase plug". I thought trusound was describing a plug mounted on the back of the motor to assist rear polar response. Since trusound shows speakers with a forward facing plug I should have guessed.

Anyway, the picture shows my DIY pine wood phase plugs on my B200s which I originally had in place. They sometimes slip in the mount unfortunately and rub the driver making a slight sound which alerts me. I need to resolve that. Two screws in the back hanging on by magnetic force alone is not enough it seems.

sorry my friend... I have been absurdly busy with builds..

I am referring to a plug mounted to the back side of the motor to assist in polar responses... no reason to ignore those guys :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.