Tweeter sugestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
doesn't that mean that if the tweeter was rated at 100dB 1watt, 1 meter, that with 10watts input, it would give 103dB? and with 100watts input it would have 106dB? or have I gotten my maths confused... lol no, wait... you double the power and get a 3dB increase... don't you?? bahh. forget it.. :p Just get a high power dome tweeter with fer (whatever) cooling.. lol

whats so hard about using 2 tweeters anyway? :rolleyes: a Piezo might give you what you want... is that how you spell it? :rolleyes:

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
by George Ski Boy I think you've got it!!

DKelly:
how about the Fostex FT17H ?
98.5 dB wattt/meter so it will put out your 110 db with about 11 watts maybe? It's rated for 30 watts "music power"
is flat from 5k to about 30k, reputed to sound very good and costs 35 USD ea.

As you state, there really isn't a lot out there at a reasonable price. I needed the similar efficiency, got them, and am very pleased, but I am crossing them over around 9k so can't really say how they'd sound crossed lower.

2 tweeters: not a good idea

Fostex T90A gets my vote for being best bang for the buck or

FT66H depending on how you want to mount them - not really much info here on your application - hard to figure what will integrate well if you don't know what you're going to integrate to -

I'm partial to the T90A because I have been looking at it longingly for a while - when I heard an ESG3 I wondered what all the fuss over ribbon tweeters was about - I admit that I can't hear over around 7 to 8K -

The pair of ribbons was smooth and nice, but it seemed as if some slight something was missing - I was able to listen for a while but not a wide range of material and I felt the room was ok but not the best.

Still, for close to $700 bucks for a pair of tweeters I guess I expected more - they did have excellent dispersion and integrated well into that application

Later

Ken L

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.