Back Loaded Horns

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The same Vtc raised to 9 litre. 0,5phi

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2011-02-05 om 19.27.47.png
    Schermafbeelding 2011-02-05 om 19.27.47.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 790
A other driver that I advised because it has low THD and big x-max it is very use-full for active compensation of the low-end.

With active compensation -3db at 30Hz (xmax5,5mm 128W) max spl within x-max is 113dB 1mtr.

With this results it is possible to have a horn that extends to 30Hz with a max sound pressure of 113dB in the living room.

SM115N.jpg

0,5 phi
attachment.php

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2011-02-05 om 19.47.51.png
    Schermafbeelding 2011-02-05 om 19.47.51.png
    31.3 KB · Views: 971
  • result beyma sm115n.pdf
    27 KB · Views: 91
  • Schermafbeelding 2011-02-05 om 20.00.43.png
    Schermafbeelding 2011-02-05 om 20.00.43.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 2,123
Last edited:
It is the predicted response from the mouth output............

My point is that for the horn to do pretty much all the filtering requires the roll off response to include the driver's pistonic output, i.e. true band-pass (BP) which without inputting your design doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyway, instead of posting a response plot, please export HR's file as a .txt file to attach to your posts, so that we can download and export it to HR to see and/or save the design.

GM

My point is that for the horn to do pretty much all the filtering requires the roll off response to include the driver's pistonic output, i.e. true band-pass (BP) which without inputting your design doesn't seem to be the case.

Anyway, instead of posting a response plot, please export HR's file as a .txt file to attach to your posts, so that we can download and export it to HR to see and/or save the design.

GM

Here you are.

Attachments

• beyma.txt
    51.7 KB · Views: 66
  • monacor.txt
    51.6 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Attachments

• spa15pa.txt
    400 bytes · Views: 42
  • beymasm1.txt
    405 bytes · Views: 47
  • Schermafbeelding 2011-02-06 om 10.15.31.png
    Schermafbeelding 2011-02-06 om 10.15.31.png
    31.2 KB · Views: 939
  • Schermafbeelding 2011-02-06 om 10.27.31.png
    Schermafbeelding 2011-02-06 om 10.27.31.png
    41.6 KB · Views: 921
Last edited:
From what I understand, the Klipsch Jubilee was the best rear horn design from the Klipsch engineering staff. I've attached a few pictures for discussion.

Attachments

• Klipsch Jubilee Response.jpg
    Klipsch Jubilee Response.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 305
  • Jubilee Build.gif
    Jubilee Build.gif
    115.3 KB · Views: 732
  • DIY Jubilee.jpg
    DIY Jubilee.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 239
From what I understand, the Klipsch Jubilee was the best rear horn design from the Klipsch engineering staff. I've attached a few pictures for discussion.

It is a front loaded horn just like the La scala only a longer horn to get a lower cutoff frequency.

A Longer horn is better to get more subbas but it is less desirable for mid frequency. That is the problem with making design choices to get a advantage you encounter a disadvantage

It is low tuned.

Here drawing.

Port A=100cm^2 length 15cm. volume 95 liter. placed on 80cm from front driver.
Conical horn front chamber of 4 liter.
Total length horn 110cm

price driver 76 euro.

Warning Atc has to bee increased to 530.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Hornresp box.pdf
    4.3 KB · Views: 1,106
Last edited:
OK,

Let´s loose 70dm3 and get better results with the same driver. Same box but with a good horn instead of the conical.

Nice result Revintage tractrix :worship: And that with a 76 euro driver. SE-guy's this is with 1W corner placement. It wil be compact with 95liter basreflex enclosure and short 76cm cross-section tractrix horn.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2011-02-26 om 19.24.35.png
    Schermafbeelding 2011-02-26 om 19.24.35.png
    43 KB · Views: 633
Last edited:
:flame: !

Helmuth,

I don´t hate the Dutch in general, but you are a very bad influence.
How dare you to make my fingers itch to build those things when all the workspace I have in my basement is ~2 sq. m.?

This definitely calls for a bit of ingenuity and probably some genever as brain fuel.:D

Are there any drawings available? I think I´m in love.

Pit

:flame: !

Helmuth,

I don´t hate the Dutch in general, but you are a very bad influence.
How dare you to make my fingers itch to build those things when all the workspace I have in my basement is ~2 sq. m.?

This definitely calls for a bit of ingenuity and probably some genever as brain fuel.:D

Are there any drawings available? I think I´m in love.

Pit

Hi pit,

Like I already posted first download the exelsheet from Volvotreter. Fill in like I posted. you can calculate a square one or rectangular one. Depending on the shape you can use.

This will calculate the flair of a rectangular horn with increasing distance.
When you have that horn place the front of the driver behind the throat.

The backside of the horn has to see a volume of 95 liter not extreme critical on 1-2liter. The bas-reflex pipe has to be 100cm^2 and 15cm long and 60cm away from the wave from the center of the cone.

Designing the box is some thing you have to do you're self.

Warning the result can only achieved when placing the box in a corner.

Succes this forum is nothing without pictures PIT.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.