Help, what changed soundstage?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was tunning my active XO to add an active BSC stage. The result frequency response is ok but the soundstage changed a lot. The image became too forward after my BSC mod. Does anybody know any possible reason that changes the soundstage? Or any mod that makes the sound image back further? This maybe a newbie question, but soundstage is always a mystery to me.
Any advice would be appreciated, thanks a lot.

Most likely, your frequency response alterations (intended or unintended) had this effect. You might want to double-check the effects of your xo changes, and plot out the actual frequency response changes to see if they matched your target. Upper midrange especially can have this effect; put a small boost in the 1.5K-6K range, say half a dB, and you'll definitely sense a more "forward" sound.

Maybe it was too far back before and you fixed it!

SY said:
Upper midrange especially can have this effect; put a small boost in the 1.5K-6K range, say half a dB, and you'll definitely sense a more "forward" sound.
Wish i could learn more about the relationship between frequency curve and soundstage. My XO frequency is at 2.1KHz and i'll try to adjust my tweeter level tomorrow. Will post my result then.
Thank you so much SY.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.