Isophon P30/37/10 + DHB 6/2-10 drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone done anything with these german drivers? I have them now in my possession and was thinking of doing something with them.

Some info:

Isophon P30/37/10: 40-8000 Hz, VA 12.5, resonance 45 Hz, 4 Ohm (from the excellent Isophon vintage site).

Isophon DHB 6/2/10 (a three driver into one): 2000-16000Hz, VA (2/12.5 not sure on my german here).

They were quite pricey for 1959 (a complete speaker around 600 DM / $150 US dollars in '59).

Attachments

• P30.jpg
    P30.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 486
  • DHB.jpg
    DHB.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 393
Do they need a fieldcoil transformer?

I have a set of these I was given some years ago. I stripped them out of the rubbish cabs they came in but they were working when I removed them by just cutting the internal cables and they needed no feild coil power; the magnets are alnico IIRC. The xover consisted of the cap you can see on the back of the MF/HF assembly. <- I never knew what the model number of it was before, so thanks, maybe I can find them a new home now.

I too have some of those here -- and i have friends using a set in only the original fibreboard plug into a box enclosure (a scan of the accompanying manual). Brett is correct that they are AlNiCo.

I would call them quite musical but somewhat coloured.

dave

Thank you for this manual. BTW, the 12ftx12ft baffle! How funny! I guess the point is to stay away from sealed volumes.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.