xt25 and ?? - in a bookshelf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I have a pair of Vifa XT25TG-30-04 tweeters which I'd like to use in the best way possible - for WAF it has to be a bookshelf. I've looked at the Zaph ZD5 Zaph|Audio - ZD5 - Scan Speak 15W8530K00 and Vifa XT25 and Troel's Ellam XT Ellam-XT . There is also this - New Project Diary, M-165x/XT25 2 way bookshelf

Each design seems to have positive things said about it.

I'm keen to hear if anyone have pointers to any other designs out there using the XT25, and what are people's thoughts about the ones I've listed. It's hard to decide without having listened to them, so any input would be appreciated (especially as the Scan-Speak 15W/8530K-00 5" Revelator Woofers used in 2 of those designs are not cheap!) .

Thanks

M

Last edited:
And mine:
Scandivifias pictures by wolf_teeth_speaker - Photobucket
"Scandivifias" writeup..... - Techtalk Speaker Building, Audio, Video, and Electronics Customer Discussion Forum From Parts-Express.com

The XT25 is a very sweet and detailed tweeter. It's one of my favorites. The 8530 has something that most 5-6" midbasses strive for, and that is incredible bass extension in a small vented box. It is also ultra-clean and uncolored.

I'll be pairing these up with some stereo subs to relieve some of the load on the Revelators in normal usage.

There are other designs with the XT25 out there. Jon Marsh at HTguide has an MTM with the HiVi M8a. There is a Dayton RS150/XT25 design somewhere too. Paul Carmody has the Sunflowers.

Whatever way you decide to go, you picked an aural gem for the treble range. Just keep it above 2kHz if possible.

Later,
Wolf

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.