Goodman Magnum SL

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of Goodmans Magnum SL speakers lounging in my loft. They are finished in teak and have always sounded superb. After acquiring them, I replaced the mid-range speakers with an original pair from Goodmans. The treble is crisp, the bass thumping good, although they are not very sensitive and need a bit of juice to get them warmed up.

Problem for me is their size. In my previous house they hung on chains from a sloping lounge roof but my current house is more conventional. I used to run them through an Akai AA-1125 stereo receiver rated at 25 watts per channel RMS. These are proper watts, by the way, the 1970's kind that disturb wildlife in the next county!

On party nights, the music could be heard three streets away - and I never needed to max the amp. I love these speakers. Things move about the house on their own when I put on a bit of Zep, but they've been in the loft for several years now. I guess it's time to let them go.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.