Looking for spec sheet - Vifa M18WO-09-06

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking through my box of old drivers, I was thinking about doing something with a pair of Vifa M18WO-08-06's that I had laying around from when I picked them up on sale many years ago. These are the *6*-ohm version of the driver. I was wondering if anyone had the data sheet and could give me the electrical specs? I could only find the sheet for the 8-ohm version.

From what I recall, the mechanical parameters were the same between the 4, 6 and 8-ohm version of this driver.

Thanks,

-bill

Hi,

A bit of a google search found this:-

Woofer: Vifa M18WO-09-06, 7" midbass, inverted dust cap, cast magnesium frame,
and rubber surround. Again, I couldn't believe the quality of this unit! This driver is
offered in 3 flavors, 4, 6, and 8 ohm versions. Theses are the 6 ohm. I got them
(on sale) at Madisound for $28!

Published Specifications:

Nominal Impedance: 6 Ohms
Voice Coil Resistance: 4.21 Ohms
Nominal Power: 90W
Short Term Max Power: -
Long Term Max Power: -
Operating Power: -
Sensitivity: 88.4 db - 1W/1M
Frequency Range: 35-3000 Hz
Free Air Resonance: 35 Hz
Voice Coil Diameter: 40 mm
Voice Coil Height: 14 mm
Air Gap Height: 6 mm
Effective Diaphragm Area: 132 cm^2
Moving Mass: 17.5 g
Magnet Weight: -
Force Factor: 7.5 Bxl
Vas: 29.1 Liters
Qms: 6.24
Qes: .35
Qts: .33

I don't know if this is good data, its just what the search turned up.

Andrew

Thanks, Andrew! I googled around a bit but could only find specs for the 8-ohm version. I think the only thing missing from the above list is the voice coil inductance. Do you have the URL where you found this info?

I'm just getting back into this and it's been years since I designed my last loudspeaker. I know some of this information I should probably derive from the drivers I have in hand. Looks like it's time to go crack open my old copy of the LDC. :)

Thanks again,

-bill

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.