My DIY Active Soundbar!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Great! From the pics I cannot tell the dimensions.

So how does it sound after longer time of listening? :)

How much you can move sideways before image is shifted noticeably?

I agree for the surround channel to be transferred to the side/back hemisphere a quite accourate HRTF model is needed.

Dipoles are hard to beat in domestic rooms, yes. Why not to make it a dipole? WHY NOT? :D

- Elias

It's really grown on me actually. I have noticed that vocals seem a bit lower than I'm used to, I'll try equalise it once my DSP is working. STILL waiting for BatchPCB order to arrive.

If your not sitting in the width of the speaker the sound seems to come from either the cancellation channel that's directly in front. Or if you sit even further out, the sound seems very centred to the speaker with subtle sounds coming from all over the room.

There are not however any annoying reverberations in my room due to this speaker. If your not roughly in the centre, the thing just sounds like any other sealed speaker system.

The subwoofer really helps hold it together though. No good without it.

I have some dipoles in the works. It'll have to wait for funds and I also have uni exams closing in fast. Soon enough a summer project though :p

Here's the crossover network, It's not tuned yet, crossing over at some random frequency purely for demonstration until I've decided where a good point to cross over is. Not sure what the best way of summing the audio is but I've just used a non-inverting op-amp summing junction with a couple 10k resistors. What kind of distortion would this introduce? Here's the LTSpice file for the simulation, seems to be in working order, will prototype at some point tomorrow.
Thanks for posting this. I'm in the process of researching how to do what you are doing, a soundbar with interaural crosstalk cancellation. I've been trying to figure out what Polk is doing with their additional drivers. With your driver choice I'd consider going with a fairly high X point, maybe 6 or 7kHZ. I'm very interested in checking out your circuit, but my computer doesn't seem to know what to do with an asp file...

Ridin '24'z, I have read every post and have to admit 60 percent is still hocus pocus to me, but I have an objective to build a soundbar so I am learning as I go.

Hereby my respect for you doing what you do and how you do it!

Your project is the first I've seen that is going all the way, and that's perfect since I want to build a 2.1 soundbar for my parents and a 5.1 soundbar for myself.

Good luck with your build and hope to read an update soon!

sorry

Hey bud, I reli like you job on the sound bar, can you give me information on what items you use, were you got them from and how they set up, please thanks,

Pictures of finished product would be good thanks

Hey sorry I didn't see the other pages, can you give me every bit of info about the connections and pieces you use to power your speakers and tweeters as I'm building this my self :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.