Where to buy Jordan drivers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hey Dave,
When are you making a bipole (push push) mini tower transmission line from these? With built in baffle step correction, more efficient, excellant SAF since the baffles could be really narrow. In fact we should call them:
The SAF 8.0 (there's always room for improvement)

You know why I'm thinking about SAF at the moment ;) :att'n:
:dead:

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Variac said:
When are you making a bipole (push push) mini tower transmission line from these? With built in baffle step correction, more efficient, excellant SAF since the baffles could be really narrow. In fact we should call them:
The SAF 8.0 (there's always room for improvement)

I'd love too, but that's a big chunk of drivers for me. Anyone want to send me 4 JX92 out of the goodness of their hearts?

No, i'll just have to live with FE103As, althou my famous maker TBs in their plexiglass baffle are sounding pretty promising.

dave

ok another mad idea....

take 1 JX92 on the front baffle. take 1-4 JX 92 in series on rear baffle. the reason I say series is that this keeps sens. the same.

connect them together via some bolting arranegment.

the speaker has no sides. just a front and rear baffle (and top and bottom) so now we get a push push open back bipole. does this make any sense.

once this is done we add a bottom that consits of 2 lambda 15 in bipole config. this had been discussed elsewhere.

ampification: SE for top end, Pass for sub.

too nuts?

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I just realized that with bipole you could use a separate gainclone on the front speaker and one on the back speaker.
That way you are getting 60-80 watts/ch - something those Jordans probably need. Also the amps are driving 8 ohm loads which probably keeps them happy. I don't see why you couldn't share the same power supply since they are reproducing the same signal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.