happy holidays!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Happy holidays to everyone!

I was supposed to fly to Europe to visit my relatives for holidays, but missed the flight and now I am stuck for few days here in us. Nobody around, so I started to diy!
Here is what I put together last few days. Sort of open baffle speakers, with two Betsy WOW per side and Selenium tweeter, plus two Goldwoods per side...
I started building Simple SE, but got only the power stage done, so I am feeding it with NS10 clone for now.
I am happy it works!

Happy holidays to everyone!

Attachments

• ob1.jpg
    ob1.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 119
  • ob2.jpg
    ob2.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 110
  • ob3.jpg
    ob3.jpg
    264.7 KB · Views: 104
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
The midrange and heights are spectacular, the bass is lacking. I might go back to monkey coffins for bass. But this was just a quick built. Bass baffles are temporary anyway. They will end up in fireplace tonight.
I feel that the way I execute bass section is very important and will ultimately determine the overall system. I go to the classical music concerts often, and one thing I always noticed, that solo voices, singers sounds adequate and realistic in most of my systems, but the bass does not have that live raw power of whole orchestra. Its not easy to recreate eight contrabasses and big kettles of tympanis playing in fortissimo.
Open baffle just does not cut it. I would have to double or triple the number of bass section...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.