Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd December 2010, 04:11 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default High Fidelity Speaker(Driver) manufacturer in India

Hi Folks,
Hoping someone could help me.
I used to assemble Hi-Fi Amps and Speakers 4-5 years ago. But due to an odd job I was doing for all these years had to almost stop doing that till now. Thanks to a new job I now have time to pursue my passion again.
Back then I used to use tweeters, mid-ranges, woofers and subs from a single maufacturer Bolton India Pvt Ltd. But a recent visit to dealers left me sad as Bolton had closed its shop some months/years ago!!!
Bolton was my choice for 2 main reasons :
1. Price - they were very less priced back then from whatever was available. (avg Rs 200-800)
2. Quality - After months and years of experimentation I found Bolton to be best in reproducing sound as natural as possible.
Now I need some manufacturer that can do both of above. I hate Dainty and Philips that are currently available as alternative brands in India in that price range.
Any suggestions ??
Old 22nd December 2010, 06:44 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hi,
it just came to my mind that Peerless has a factory in India. I have absolutly no Idea if their priceing is competitive. At least they run a factory in India.

Home Page - peerlessaudio.com
Old 23rd December 2010, 07:24 AM   #3
navin is offline navin  India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to navin Send a message via Yahoo to navin
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndAudio View Post
Now I need some manufacturer that can do both of above. I hate Dainty and Philips that are currently available as alternative brands in India in that price range.Any suggestions ??
Peerless India (aka Damodar) makes drivers for many brands including a few local brands like Sonodyne. However we DIYers have no access to these drivers.

I am also told that the Jordan JX92 is being made in India.

There are many others who are importing drivers into India from Thailand, China, etc.. but these are for internal consumption and not available for retail sale.
Old 16th July 2011, 02:30 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Hi all,

i am also looking good drivers for my Floor standers project . experts please let me know if any dealers in Bangalore are selling good drivers. even i was doing driver hunt for quit some time and disappointed as like IndAudio.
Old 16th September 2011, 06:28 AM   #5
pmondal is offline pmondal  India
diyAudio Member

Guys,

I am in the same situation. I'm in Bangalore. Has anyone found out good quality speaker driver supplier. I am looking to replace my Dainty speakers in my floor standing project.
Old 16th September 2011, 10:26 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Peerless India (aka Damodar) makes drivers for many brands including a few local brands like Sonodyne. However we DIYers have no access to these drivers.

I am also told that the Jordan JX92 is being made in India.

There are many others who are importing drivers into India from Thailand, China, etc.. but these are for internal consumption and not available for retail sale.
Oddly enough indian-made Peerless drivers are easily available to the DIYer in the UK via an E-bay shop. That said the seller calls them NOS but it seems there is no limit to the number of drivers he's got.
Old 16th September 2011, 10:33 AM   #7
navin is offline navin  India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to navin Send a message via Yahoo to navin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Darwin View Post
Oddly enough indian-made Peerless drivers are easily available to the DIYer in the UK via an E-bay shop. That said the seller calls them NOS but it seems there is no limit to the number of drivers he's got.
I'm told, the actual specs vary a lot from the published specs. If you had measuring equipment as were willing to sort out a few good drivers from a bunch of poor ones there are many "refurbished" drivers available too. However all bets are off when it comes to performance.

The best bet is places like Madisound, Zalytron, Solen, Speaker City, etc..
Old 16th September 2011, 10:55 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

I'll find out the moment my damaged wrist lets me use power tools again as I couldn't resist buying 4 4" drivers of him which I will run with a couple of Audax tweets I got from another ebay seller.

An experiment in a) cheapness and b) the possibility to run two drivers into one tiny TL.
If it works ok I'll use them as computer speakers so my expectations are not that high to start with.
Old 10th November 2011, 11:18 PM   #9
jayadev is offline jayadev  India
diyAudio Member

PeerlessIndia drivers are available with DEV electronics ,lamington road mumbai.

Hide this!Advertise here!