2-Ways speakers for 22W per channel amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello!

I wanted to ask an opinion. I'm doing a 22W per channel amplifier with stereo controls, which will be connected to a 2-way speakers per channel.

In the next picture is the circuit that connects the amplifier to the speakers.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

In the following, are the speakers I can get.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I want to make a filter of 1st order with 6000Hz court frecuency , it gives me some results of C = 4.42uF and L = 0.21mH

What do you think? Would it work well? Should I add anything else? For example, Zobel network?

Thank you for your attention!

When you are in possess of the woofers ,put them on running for at least 5 hours ,preferably in the box . Then you can give it a listen ,also unfiltered ,and you can judge its sonic behavior - specially in the mid-trebles ,and also in the lows ,if the box chosen is the final .
The frequency response in the curve given in the brief datasheet does not tell the sonics of that woofer : it may tell you that it might reach 3 or 4 KHz ...but it is better to cut at least an octave below . Also the speaker-in-a-box response will change dramatically and some changes will lead to change component values in the crossover (if not well calculated) .
Zobel networks ,that are used after the amplifier to prevent oscillations/dependence from cables ,can be used here to make the amplifier see a constant load trough the crossover , i.e. 'corrects' the impedance rise at a certain frequency ,the R determining the Q of the intervention ,associated also with the presumably high (for a coil at low frequencies )resistance of the inductor .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.