OB H frame Emin Alpha 15A & CRH-70 - Help needed - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th May 2012, 06:22 PM   #21
andb is offline andb  Czech Republic
diyAudio Member

If you are using any open baffle, like the H frame design, you need the speakers far from the back wall. Think about it, the long wave of the bass frequencies will reflect and cancel if you've pushed them anywhere near the back wall.

I have 15" alphas in an H frame with Alpair7's on top, about 1.5 meters from the back wall. And the bass is lovely. I wouldn't suggest this design for a really small room due to this requirement for space behind.
Old 10th July 2012, 07:45 PM   #22
kees52 is offline kees52  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

after some learning and testing and building, I have now learn enough to work with the sheets, a U frame with a damped resistance works the best in my room because I have not so much space and my room is L form one short one long, I can use the H frames if I use very low filterpoint or 24 dB filter..

I have a good sound from the visatons 10 inch and she have low qts of 0.34 still good bass with two of them parallel
Old 8th October 2012, 04:43 PM   #23
kees52 is offline kees52  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Hi All

I want the u frames to get extra 6 dB at 25 Hz, it is posible with the 19 hz drivers.

But I use onlly stereo amps hybdrids, so I want to use a line level eq filter who works only in a small part 25/80 hz to correct it..

I have done now a eq and it is a eyeopener, it give more bass, but I get a hole around 100 hz so it is to wide.

it is not meant for very loud playing, but the visatons can go pretty high in spl.

see picture maybe somebody can help, I try to ignore a opamp.

Th F1 25 hz and F2 50 or 80 hz

thanks
Attached Images
File Type: gif baseq-Hframes.gif (13.6 KB, 110 views)
File Type: gif shlv-lpf (1).gif (24.2 KB, 106 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!