OB H frame Emin Alpha 15A & CRH-70 - Help needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If you are using any open baffle, like the H frame design, you need the speakers far from the back wall. Think about it, the long wave of the bass frequencies will reflect and cancel if you've pushed them anywhere near the back wall.

I have 15" alphas in an H frame with Alpair7's on top, about 1.5 meters from the back wall. And the bass is lovely. I wouldn't suggest this design for a really small room due to this requirement for space behind.

after some learning and testing and building, I have now learn enough to work with the sheets, a U frame with a damped resistance works the best in my room because I have not so much space and my room is L form one short one long, I can use the H frames if I use very low filterpoint or 24 dB filter..

I have a good sound from the visatons 10 inch and she have low qts of 0.34 still good bass with two of them parallel

Hi All

I want the u frames to get extra 6 dB at 25 Hz, it is posible with the 19 hz drivers.

But I use onlly stereo amps hybdrids, so I want to use a line level eq filter who works only in a small part 25/80 hz to correct it..

I have done now a eq and it is a eyeopener, it give more bass, but I get a hole around 100 hz so it is to wide.

it is not meant for very loud playing, but the visatons can go pretty high in spl.

see picture maybe somebody can help, I try to ignore a opamp.

Th F1 25 hz and F2 50 or 80 hz

thanks

Attachments

• baseq-Hframes.gif
    baseq-Hframes.gif
    13.6 KB · Views: 231
  • shlv-lpf (1).gif
    shlv-lpf (1).gif
    24.2 KB · Views: 229
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.