DCR variance on driver?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys/ gals has anyone run into this, I have a woofer that originally measured
6.5 ohms and the resistance has been going up. 12, 13.6, 113, 1k, 23 Mohms. Could
this be a loose connection or something else?
I have tested it with 2 different meters... Same thing, any ideas?
No I haven't been using it.

SWAG

Hey guys/ gals has anyone run into this, I have a woofer that originally measured
6.5 ohms and the resistance has been going up. 12, 13.6, 113, 1k, 23 Mohms. Could
this be a loose connection or something else?
I have tested it with 2 different meters... Same thing, any ideas?
No I haven't been using it.

Suspect that a cold solder joint in the voice coil circuit has oxidized over time. Hopefully it is at a terminal. If this is the case re-solder both of them. Heat sink the voice coil leads when doing this.
Regards,
WHG

Suspect that a cold solder joint in the voice coil circuit has oxidized over time. Hopefully it is at a terminal. If this is the case re-solder both of them. Heat sink the voice coil leads when doing this.
Regards,
WHG

Thanks , I had checked resistance across the leads @ the spider so this is probably a lead/vc
connection problem..... Shiite!:(

Last edited:
to clarify, your measurements are days apart?

It would be an entirely different thing if you measure DCR and while you are watching the meter, the impedance goes up and up and up. That would imply a capacitor is in-line and charging or some such.

By the way-23.4 Mohms? that sounds like not even a connection.
--> Are your sure your METER leads aren't fritzy?
that's happened to me a few times, they were slowly breaking internally.

Be sure when you make these measurements the lead wires are well socketed, and lying on something so they are not flopping around.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.