2 way Monitors from M&K surplus drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is my first set of diy speakers. I bought pairs of M&K Z11MK domed tweeters, the back says they the Qc = 060103 and 4 ohms. The 6 in woofer model is M&K Z65MK, Qc 060223 and 4 ohm's. from E-Bay.

I want to mimic the 1611's. (no amp) I am building the cabnets the same size. Does any one know the size of the port?

Any one have any of the speaker characteristic to use in checking out the design.

I also saw that the crossover is at 1800 Hz. I was going to do a 4th order L-R. I wonder if I need a Zoble adjustment for the woofer.

Any help would be appreciated.

M&K 1600P?

This is my first set of diy speakers. I bought pairs of M&K Z11MK domed tweeters, the back says they the Qc = 060103 and 4 ohms. The 6 in woofer model is M&K Z65MK, Qc 060223 and 4 ohm's. from E-Bay.

I want to mimic the 1611's. (no amp) I am building the cabnets the same size. Does any one know the size of the port?

Any one have any of the speaker characteristic to use in checking out the design.

I also saw that the crossover is at 1800 Hz. I was going to do a 4th order L-R. I wonder if I need a Zoble adjustment for the woofer.

Any help would be appreciated.

Post your questions here. Several members are owners of the unit you want to build.
Official MK - Miller & Kreisel Thread?!? - Page 84 - AVS Forum
If you are using sub(s), you do not need the port.
Recommend use of the plate amp that is included in the M&K Model 1600p. This tack will give you less heart-burn than designing the required low impedance c/o's from scratch.
Beware that later models may have non-Swiss built drivers.
Regards,
WHG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.