Aurum Cantus G2 Ribbon Replacement

So I fried one of my Aurum Cantus G2 tweeters' ribbons - not sure how - and ordered a pair from Parts Express.

The new ribbons come without installation instructions. I think I can figure out how to get them into place, and fake the tensioning, but does anybody have experience with this? Or does anyone have the elusive pdf that is no longer available through Aurum Cantus at the following (broken) link?

http://www.aurumcantus.com/aurumcantus-download/pdf/Repair Instructions for ribbons.pdf

I was able to view the first page of the PDF by using "QuickView" in Google - but is that all there is?

For those who need to do this I've posted the recovered PDF image on my Web site:

Replace Aurum Cantus G2 Ribbons | Vitrine

Should I replace the other one as well, since I have 2 (I assumed I'd screw it up the first time, and they're only $5.00)? Do ribbons age?

Any advice from those who've done this?

TIA, Than

So I fried one of my Aurum Cantus G2 tweeters' ribbons - not sure how - and ordered a pair from Parts Express.

The new ribbons come without installation instructions. I think I can figure out how to get them into place, and fake the tensioning, but does anybody have experience with this? Or does anyone have the elusive pdf that is no longer available through Aurum Cantus at the following (broken) link?

http://www.aurumcantus.com/aurumcantus-download/pdf/Repair Instructions for ribbons.pdf

I was able to view the first page of the PDF by using "QuickView" in Google - but is that all there is?

For those who need to do this I've posted the recovered PDF image on my Web site:

Replace Aurum Cantus G2 Ribbons | Vitrine

Should I replace the other one as well, since I have 2 (I assumed I'd screw it up the first time, and they're only $5.00)? Do ribbons age?

Any advice from those who've done this?

TIA, Than

http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/download/JP3 Ribbon Replacement.pdf

Nice flg! That is the one I found through Google QuickView - good to know that's all there is to that one. I took a bunch of pics when I did it last night and will try to post for others soon. The AC is a little different from the Fountek in the sense that you have to (or at least, I think you should) deconstruct it a little more than the Fountek to keep the ribbon safe while you're fiddling with it.

Last edited:
Old thread. Me again. Why does the ribbon need to be corrugated? There are ribbon tweeters with flat ribbons of similar dimensions. Fountek for example have non-corrugated ribbons.

Ribbons explode when they're pushed to move too far by the amount of power provided

In a conventional dome tweeter, the suspension will help keep the tweeter from blowing up (most of the time)

Ribbon has no suspension and can fail quite dramatically.

Corrugating the ribbon can give you a little bit of leeway. Sort of like an elastic waist on a pair of pants.

I bought a tool to corrugate ribbons from Amazon, it's made for squeezing toothpaste tubes.

T
Ribbons explode when they're pushed to move too far by the amount of power provided

In a conventional dome tweeter, the suspension will help keep the tweeter from blowing up (most of the time)

Ribbon has no suspension and can fail quite dramatically.

Corrugating the ribbon can give you a little bit of leeway. Sort of like an elastic waist on a pair of pants.

I bought a tool to corrugate ribbons from Amazon, it's made for squeezing toothpaste tubes.

Thanks!