Shorter MTM array or larger TM array?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a bunch of drivers for a line array and need to make some design decisions.
I mention the design decision cases below, what do you think is better?
Tweeter line is same 3 feet in both the cases. Drivers are 2" or 3" fullranges. Crossover to woofers (not mentioned here) is 180hz and crossover to tweeter is 3500hz.
Listening distance is 6-8ft.

1) A shorter 3 ft mid line + 3 ft tweeter line + 3 feet mid line. Driver placement is better shown here Symmetrica.
2) A longer 6 ft Mid line + 3 ft tweeter line.

What you think is better and why?
I need a good phantom image.

Thanks,
Goldy

I made my line with the Tweet array almost the same hight as the Mid array. This helps the imaging of the array. Would not go to double wide cabs on the Mids. One row per cab should sufficient. Wider dispersion with two single columns.

Remember that listening distance of nearly 2 times the line height or more too.

I understand about the dispersion of a single vs. double, but what if you were actually shooting for narrower, more precise imaging? I literally just ordered a bunch of drivers, the NS3-194-16A, Apex .50c mylars and NS525. All inexpensive as they come... so I have enough to make full length lines. I was even thinking about using a melded piezo line from BFM with the 3" drivers. They cross up so high anyway, I figured the piezo might just be a good fit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.