Need advise: 1x12" plus 2x15" organ speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi - I am able to buy an old organ speaker cabinet with 2x15" speakers and 1x12" speakers. No specific info is available on the make or model of these speakers. Can anyone identify anything from these pictures?

Any chance these are full range speakers? I'm wondering if the 15" speakers may be of use in building a full range baffle... ?

Thanks.

Attachments

• 897449_20.jpeg
    897449_20.jpeg
    53.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 393550b_20.jpeg
    393550b_20.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 73
Hi - I am able to buy an old organ speaker cabinet with 2x15" speakers and 1x12" speakers. No specific info is available on the make or model of these speakers. Can anyone identify anything from these pictures?

Any chance these are full range speakers? I'm wondering if the 15" speakers may be of use in building a full range baffle... ?

Thanks.

They look similar to old isophon speakers, I dont have the info with me but will have look when I get home.

I googled images for organ speakers and looks like these are Magnavox 12" / 15" speakers with alnico magnets - any ideas on sensitivity of these speakers and frequency range?

Am I nuts for thinking of using the 2x15" as full range speakers for a small tube amp??

Thanks

Last edited:
there should be a manufacturers code on them somewhere, this will give manufacturer and date once interpreted, (you should be able to find a list on the net, Planet10 may be able to help). re:'Am I nuts for thinking of using the 2x15" as full range speakers' - yep, probably, but they'd probably be good as woofers in an OB...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.