Madisound off-line?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Yup! Used to dial into them fairly regularly back in the day on my blazing 1200 baud modem.

Woo-whoo! I remember those days. My first "online" purchase was a faster modem. Went from 1200 baud to 9600 baud. Darn modem was as bigger than a Kindle. But it was fast! At least in the days before images on the web. Ah, the bad old days. :)

Madisound is working for me at the moment.

I think my first Apple II+ used a 300 baud Hayes modem, going to 1200 was breathtaking. Then again, I come from the era where you slapped the phone set into an ATT contraption and communicated the Jesuit missionaries in the west coast of Africa from the comfort of 20 meter SSB. Until about 1974 you couldn't attach anything (legally) onto a phone-line unless it was type approved by Ma Bell, GTE, ITT, Cincinnati Tel etc.

I go to Madisound Speaker Components | Assisting speaker builders for more than 25 years. and have a sudden urge to reach for my credit card, so it must be working right for me.

I suggest calling your ISP, explaining that you can't bring this site up but others on the Web can. If they can't fix it, at least maybe they can tell you what's wrong.

Other than that - this thread reminds me of using the BBS at Audio Lab of Georgia, back in the '80's. I had them refoam a pair of JBL's in the '90's. Perhaps I shouldn't be amazed, but they're still in business.

Woo-whoo! I remember those days. My first "online" purchase was a faster modem. Went from 1200 baud to 9600 baud. Darn modem was as bigger than a Kindle. But it was fast! At least in the days before images on the web. Ah, the bad old days. :)

Hehehe. Yeah.

Don't think 9600's were even available when I got my 1200 baud modem back in uh... '85 I think it was.

se

I think my first Apple II+ used a 300 baud Hayes modem, going to 1200 was breathtaking.

On Madisound's BBS, they used to archive the messages posted on another BBS called The Audiophile Network, which at the time was being run on an Apple IIe.

The "message area" was basically just a long text file where new messages were simply appended to the end.

I find it a bit ironic that modern day forums such as diyAudio are fundamentally the same.

se

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.